Wednesday, June 1, 2011

When the cat's away...

As we prepared for Caleb's arrival I wondered how Kai would handle having mommy's attention on another baby instead of always on him. Fortunately, instead of being jealous, Kai has been taking full advantage of mommy's distracted state to get into all the mischief he wants. For example....

We had some friends coming by to bring us dinner and hang out. I thought I would get ahead of the game and give the boys their baths before company showed up. I bathed Caleb, took him out of the bath and began drying him. I turned around as I heard Kai exclaim, "Yucky! Eww"...


.. as he shoved a gob of petroleum jelly into his mouth. It was all over his hands, face, hair. Good thing I already had his bathwater ready. While poor Caleb cried naked on the changing table I quickly dumped Kai into the bathtub. I turned back to Caleb to dress him. Oops.


Don't let that innocent face fool you. While I was turned around, he climbed out of the bathtub, grabbed the bottle of baby shampoo, and dumped the ENTIRE bottle into his bathwater. Between the petroleum jelly and the soap he was slippery for days! haha

1 comment: