Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Memories on Monday: 4th of July and Kai's Big Haircut

Happy 4th of July!


Kai was one week old when he celebrated his first 4th of July. We took him to the city fireworks show. We were worried he would be scared, but he slept through the entire thing. Gotta love those newborn days when they sleep anywhere and everywhere.

Here are my boys 2 years later:


Brandon has been pulling close to 60 hour work weeks trying to study for the bar while working at the DA's office. Yesterday morning after getting up at 6:00 am to work out, he left for the office to study some more. I woke up and prepared myself for another difficult Monday chasing both boys around by myself. I was in for a surprise when Brandon walked back in the door half an hour later with arms full of grocery bags. He said, "On the way to work, I realized I was making a big mistake. I was about to miss out another whole day that I could be spending with my family." :) We spent the day at the lake then grilled out that night. After Caleb went to bed, we sat on the front porch with Kai and watched the neighbors shoot off fireworks. It was a very good Monday.

We also randomly decided to give Kai a haircut. All those pretty curls are gone, but he seems a lot happier to have shorter hair in this hot summer heat. He looks so much older now!

Before:



After:

No comments:

Post a Comment