Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pinterest envy. sigh.


"Oh wow! You can make a dress out of an old t-shirt? Repin. Yes, please. I want to do that. Oh, right. I don't have any free time. ..

[enter grumbling thoughts. sneaky buggers] 
How come I never have time to do anything for myself? I didn't know being a mom was so hard. I would love to just stop cleaning for half an hour and do something for me for once. (continue in self pity for 5 minutes while unloading dishes)

[enter Holy Spirit. Beautiful truth whispering in] 
Love is better. Love is to give up everything. That is what He did for you. It's painful, but it's so good isn't it? Your kids don't care if you have a DIY t-shirt dress or just a t-shirt covered in baby food. All they'll remember is how you loved them. I won't ask you how you recycled your shampoo bottles. I will ask you how you loved the ones I gave you to love. Care about what's important.


Jesus, you are good. The wish list can wait because I have all I want and I am who I want to be when I am with you. 

Today's note to self:




Note to MY mom:  You loved to sew and you never had the time. Thank you for feeding me, teaching me, and cleaning up after me instead of sewing nifty, creative things instead. You are awesome and I love you. <3

3 comments:

  1. omgoodness! :') [tearful sigh] like like like. so sweet, so true. i understand and admire you both so much. i'm sad for the times i sewed nifty creative things instead of spending time with my little sweeties. trust me, the nifty creative things you make get old and go out of style -- they pass away! Holy Spirit is right - true love will remain. you will NEVER regret the time you spend taking care of the precious little ones God gives you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joys of motherhood! I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! ....and then comes GRANDbabies!!! God is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This makes me miss you guys. Did you know you were one of the only couples we spent time with in Athens where we came away feeling content with what little we had instead of a need to keep up with the Jones? We miss you both.

    ReplyDelete