Friday, September 2, 2011

Weird Dream.

I've been gone for a while. I was on a media fast for a little while. It was awesome. Then we moved and things were really busy. The new house is awesome too.

Caleb still wakes up a lot every night. Not awesome. Please pray that he starts sleeping. Last night Brandon stayed up with him and I actually slept long enough to dream. It was pretty weird so I wanted to write it down somewhere while I can still remember it.

I was in field with a large group of people. I saw a lot of people I recognized from my high school days. I think the group of people was all high schoolers actually. There was a ridiculous amount of animosity and fighting in the group. In fact, the anger boiled over and the field turned into a battle ground. Everyone was fighting. I looked in their hands and they were fighting with plastic knives and forks (told you it was weird). Even though they were just plastic, they were trying to stab each other with them. Then I dreamed that I woke up and thought, "What an awful dream. Why did I dream that?". Then, still dreaming, I translated the beginning of the dream for myself. "Oh, I know what it means. The high school kids ARE in a battle field. However, they are confused and they are fighting each other instead of preparing for the real war that is coming. They care so much about trivial things--enough to fight and try to kill over them. But the things they care about are as harmless and trivial as plastic ware. Better to throw it away (or recycle it lol) and move on."

Then I really woke up. Strange. How will you fight in the battle to come when all you hold in your hand is plastic and all you hold in your heart is care over things that don't matter?

~~

"I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one...I write to you, young men,  because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, 
and you have overcome the evil one.


Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever." 2 John 2:14-17


 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Heb 4:12


No comments:

Post a Comment